Nutrition Services Manager
|Location:||St. Louis Park, MN|
|Benefits:||Sholom offers competitive pay and a full benefits package for full-time (30+ hours/week) employees including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, retirement plan, holiday pay and paid time off. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Sholom is seeking a knowledgeable and skilled full-time Nutrition Services Manager to join our team. This position will be based at an off-site location from our Sholom campuses.|
|Duties:||The Nutrition Services Manager supervises staff, coordinates the preparation and service of kosher meals, manage menus, and follow all food-safety guidelines, customer service, and budget accountability. The incumbent will manage assets, including equipment, paper supplies, and food supplies; and will lead all activities for the department.|
- Ensure that high quality meals are prepared and served to clients, students, and faculty.
- Ensure staff complies with all state and federal Health Department rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Perform other specialized/focused duties as assigned for specific nutrition services management area, for example:
- Oversee, plan, and manage the food and beverage catering services that are ordered within and outside of the organization.
- Order food and supplies.
- Develop pricing in conjunction with management.
- Schedule/train staff as needed to cashier, prep food, stock, clean, etc.
- Maintain appropriate par levels of food/supplies.
- Keep financial and administrative records and monitor month-end billing and receivables.
- Manage staff.
- Provide consistent training in sanitation and customer service guidelines on an ongoing basis, and in general principles of kosher dietary laws.
- Provide performance management, including discipline process.
- Prepare work schedules and assign staff to promote the efficiency of the operation. Track absences and arrange for replacements as needed.
- Identify and respond appropriately to emergency situations, such as fires, grease spills, injuries and storm-related evacuations.
- Communicate with Director regarding customer, staff, building and operational concerns of kitchen and specific needs.
Submit applications online at www.sholom.com\employment.
- Certificate from an accredited food service educational program, two-year degree, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Five or more years’ previous food service experience in a high volume institution highly preferred.
- Strong social skills and the ability to collaborate with faculty on curriculum.
- Ability to build relationships with families, school organizations, and the community required.
- Experience with food/café program development.
- Six or more months’ previous related experience in a similar supervisory position preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.