Director, Learning and Development
|Location:||St. Louis Park, MN|
|Benefits:||Sholom offers competitive pay and a full benefits package for full-time (30+ hours/week) employees including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, retirement plan, holiday pay and paid time off. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Sholom Community Alliance, one of the premier healthcare and senior services organizations in the Twin Cities, has a full-time opening for a knowledgeable and skilled Learning and Development Director. |
|Duties:||The Learning and Development Director develops, coordinates, and implements educational activities across the organization. As a key member of the Human Resources team, the Learning and Development Director works closely with the Corporate Director of Human Resources to implement processes, best practices, and ensure compliance for all of Sholom. The Learning and Development Director will lead initiatives to develop employees and managers that ensure the highest of quality as a care provider and make Sholom an employer of choice. |
This position will be required to travel between the St. Louis Park and St. Paul campuses on a regular basis.
- Conduct on-going assessments of the organizationís education and development needs, and make recommendations based on best practices and Sholomís philosophy/mission.
- Collaborate on implementing the education philosophy and strategy in partnership with Sholom senior management.
- Implement an appropriate structure for the Education Department which includes oversight of education specialists, in partnership with the Human Resources department, creating a highly effective training team.
- Provide oversight to Sholomís education programs that focus externally, such as the CNA program.
- Ensure appropriate training and integration of relevant grant initiatives to create sustainability within the organization.
- Identify, partner with, and manage an external network of trainers/vendors to complement internal resources and programs.
- Utilize internal and external training resources to design and develop a broad base of educational curriculum, training programs and employee orientation based on organizational and individual needs.
- Conduct and oversee training programs to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Work proactively and interactively with internal and external compliance experts to ensure training programs reinforce compliance requirements and standards for nursing and other compliance-related positions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of education, orientation and related programs.
If youíre interested in working for an organization committed to providing high quality care and services to elderly adults, come join the Sholom team!
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in HR processes, employment law, organization development, and compliance issues.
- Three or more years' experience with curriculum development, presenting to a variety of audiences, and hands-on training required, including training through technology.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.