Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator
|Location:||St. Louis Park, MN|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Sholom Home West|
|Description:||Sholom, one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities, is seeking two part time Therapeutic Recreation Coordinators to join our team at our beautiful 17-acre St Louis Park campus.|
|Duties:||The Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator plans, organizes, facilitates, directs, supervises and evaluates Therapeutic Recreation programs to meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs for each resident/tenant.|
Therapeutic Recreation role:
Memory Care role:
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise therapeutic recreation programs.
- Address residentsí/tenantsí social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs related to maintaining quality of life when creating therapeutic recreation programs.
- Supervise Recreation Specialist, Home Health Aides, volunteers, interns, exercise instructors, and/or drivers: hire, train, assign and control work flow, monitor performance, conduct evaluations and administer disciplinary action.
- Create or direct creation of daily activity schedule and post in appropriate locations.
- Plan monthly events in coordination with therapeutic recreation staff and incorporate into the monthly therapeutic recreation calendar.
- Secure community support for off-site outings including making reservations, ordering tickets, etc.
- Maintain fiscal accountability for the department through budget projection, analysis and tracking.
- Track inventory, place orders, inspect equipment and supplies and order repairs/replacements as needed.
Serve as a resource for memory care unit residents/tenants and families. 15%
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to assess and address resident/tenant needs in a consistent cross-disciplinary manner. 30%
- Work with RN supervisor to train, direct and supervise the Home Health Aides (HHA) assigned to work in the memory care unit on non-medical tasks of their job duties.
- Participate in and assist with facilitating daily staff communication meetings regarding resident/tenant health status and the needs of the unit.
- Update nursing staff about significant observations and/or concerns with residents/tenants.
- Work with housekeeping supervisor to ensure memory care unit cleanliness.
- Work with interdisciplinary team to facilitate monthly dementia support group.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to enhance interdisciplinary process, as assigned.
Create and maintain a variety of documents, records and reports including: 5%
- Maintain ongoing communication with family members via phone conversations, in person interactions and via monthly newsletter.
- Generate informational monthly newsletter for families of memory care unit.
- Welcome and assist new residents/tenants and their families through the transition process.
- Schedule and participate in initial care conferences and follow up conferences as needed.
- Provide dementia education and caregiver support on a 1:1 basis as needed.
- Model positive approaches and assist Home Health Aides with residentsí/tenantsí daily needs.
- Update and maintain Home Health Aide job duty list, meal records, dietary orders, tenant lists, and beauty shop records.
If youíre interested in working for an organization committed to providing high quality care and services to elderly adults, come join the Sholom team!
- Bachelorís Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology, Psychology or Social Work required.
- Certified by National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or eligible, preferred upon hire.
- Two or more years experience working with individuals with dementia preferred.
- One or more years hands on recreation experience required.
- One or more years supervisory experience required.
- CPR/First Aid certified through the American Red Cross preferred.
- Bilingual Russian preferred.
Submit applications online at www.sholom.com/careers.
3630 Phillips Parkway
St Louis Park, MN 55426
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.