Nurse Manager, RN
|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Benefits:||Sholom offers competitive pay and a full benefits package for full-time (30+ hours/week) employees including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, retirement plan, holiday pay and paid time off. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Shaller Family Campus (Sholom Home East)|
|Description:||Sholom is one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities. We are seeking a highly skilled Nurse Manager, RN to join our team at our Shaller Family Campus located in St. Paul. Every element of our state-of-the-art campus, including our cozy neighborhoods, has been designed to advance the art of geriatric care. The Sholom organization provides a broad spectrum of services and care for older adults, including skilled nursing, assisted living, rehab, adult day, hospice and home care. |
|Duties:||The Nurse Manager, RN manages a nursing unit, including staff and residents, ensuring 24-hour care and assists residents in achieving and maintaining their highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.|
Job functions include:
- Oversee all nursing unit activities ensuring effective communication and collaboration with interdisciplinary team, staff, residents and families.
- Lead and manage 24/7 nursing team of RNs, LPNs and NARs.
- Ensure a smooth transition for new residents through the admission process and unit orientation.
- Oversee and perform nursing services and personal care, including daily rounds, physician contact, family communication, resident assessments, care conferences, charting, and medication administration.
- Serve as a clinical resource to staff regarding nursing care of residents.
- Maintain and perform all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to Sholom policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Enforce and follow facility and department safety and emergency procedures.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in Resident Care Conferences.
Sholom is committed to providing the highest quality care and services to our clients. We value the contributions of our employees and provide the forum for them to use their skills to deliver exceptional care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current and unrestricted licensure in the State of Minnesota as an RN.
- Current adult CPR certification required.
- Experience in the long-term care setting preferred.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible nursing experience required.
- Experience with Federal and State regulations.
- Two years of management experience required, preferably on a Transitional Care Unit.
- Able to multi-task on a busy clinical unit.
- High level of compassion, customer service and communication skills to interact with residents, family members and coworkers.
- Solid decision making and crisis management skills.
- Talent to inspire, motivate, empower staff, and lead by example.
- Able to understand, manage and operate within budgetary guidelines.
- Work schedule flexibility; willing to work weekends, holidays and after-hours as needed.
- Computer skills and experience required.
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills.
If you are passionate about caring for older adults and desire to make a true difference in their lives, come join the Sholom team!
Submit applications online at www.sholom.com\employment
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.