Sr. Human Resources Generalist - Benefits
|Location:||St Paul , MN|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Shaller Family Campus (Sholom Home East)|
|Description:||Sholom is one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities. We are seeking an experienced full-time Sr. Human Resources Generalist - Benefits to join our team at our beautiful St. Paul Campus.|
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist - Benefits, under the direction of the Corporate Director of Human Resources, plans, organizes and directs the activities and staff of the campus Human Resources Department, including employee benefits oversight, health and safety/workers’ compensation, employee relations, performance management, HRIS, unemployment, and supervising the HR Assistant position. This position applies professional knowledge and personal judgment to a variety of technical staff-related and managerial problems and issues.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Director of Human Resources, provide professional human resources leadership for the assigned campus and the organization.
- Develop and implement employee relations practices to establish a high level of employee morale.
- Work in partnership with the Corporate Director of Human Resources to provide high-level oversight to all Sholom benefit plans.
- Serve as primary campus leader in developing and implementing staff safety programs and initiatives.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with Human Resources department programs, policies and activities on the part of managers and department leaders; negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial legal and/or ethical issues.
- Work proactively with HR Recruiting Manager and senior management and staff to ensure that Sholom is able to recruit, motivate and retain all levels of staff.
|Qualifications:||Education, Experience and Certifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required or equivalent.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience in Human Resources, including experience in employment and selection, compensation, employee relations, and affirmative action required.
- Three or more years’ HR management experience required.
- PHR OR SPHR certification preferred.
Sholom offers competitive pay and a full benefits package for full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, retirement plan, holiday pay and paid time off.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities, including developing relationships with vendors, family members, volunteers, clients, Board members, and staff.
- Able to supervise employees, set objectives and work goals and standards, give direction, delegate to, and motivate employees.
- Establish, document and communicate clear performance expectations and standards. Evaluate, discuss and hold employees accountable for job performance and organizational behavior standards.
- Able to perform HR-related functions including hiring and selection, orienting and training, managing performance, disciplinary action and recommending the termination of employees. Able to understand, administer, and comply with HR policies and procedures.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work in a fast-paced environment. Able to work unsupervised, make high level decisions independently, and solve problems effectively and creatively.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization in accordance with our PROUD standards.
- Able to develop and give oral presentations to large and small groups of individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Understand and maintain confidential nature of organization, employee and client information, including and in accordance to HIPAA regulations.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and HR management software packages.
- Able to understand and follow facility and department safety and emergency procedures.
- Show professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- Knowledge of long-term care industry preferred.
If you’re interested in working for an organization committed to providing high quality care and services to elderly adults, come join the Sholom team!
Submit applications online at www.sholom.com/careers.
740 Kay Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55102
Care. Compassion. Community.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.