Therapeutic Recreation Campus Director
|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Benefits:||Sholom offers competitive pay and a full benefits package for full-time (30+ hours/week) employees including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, retirement plan, holiday pay and paid time off. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Shaller Family Campus (Sholom Home East)|
|Description:||Sholom, one of the premier healthcare and senior services organizations in the Twin Cities, has a full-time opening for a knowledgeable and skilled Campus Director of Therapeutic Recreation at its state-of-the-art St. Paul campus. |
|Duties:||The Campus Director of Therapeutic Recreation plans, organizes, directs, supervises and evaluates Therapeutic Recreation services provided at Sholom in order to achieve the departmentís mission to meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs for each tenant and resident.|
Job Functions Include:
- Direct the operations of the Therapeutic Recreation Department for the nursing home, assisted living and independent living tenants including the supervision and development of Therapeutic Recreation staff.
- Coordinate therapeutic recreation programs at buildings throughout Sholom that meet the physical, psychosocial and mental needs for each resident/tenant.
- Perform administrative duties and prepare and maintain appropriate documentation for Therapeutic Recreation Department.
- Create and administer budget, including overseeing all Therapeutic Recreation related purchases.
- Administer, manage and ensure effective coordination of Therapeutic Recreation programs through inter-departmental collaboration.
Submit applications online at www.sholom.com\employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology, Psychology or Social Work or related field required.
- Certified by National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or eligible, preferred upon hire.
- Three or more years management/leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- One or more years experience working with individuals with dementia preferred.
- Three or more years hands on recreation experience preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certified through the American Red Cross preferred.
- Possess a valid driverís license with good driving record, and proof of valid insurance. Must have reliable transportation.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.