Speech Language Pathologist
|Location:||St Louis Park, MN|
|Salary Range:||Per Diem|
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||If you are looking for flexibility and a way to make extra money, this could be a great opportunity for you. Sholom Community Alliance, one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities, is seeking per diem Speech Language Pathologists to join our expanding Home Care division.|
The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) assesses, diagnoses, treats, and helps to prevent speech, language, and cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, fluency, and other related disorders.
- The SLP must communicate with the Physician regarding the treatment plan, progress, and discharge, and participate in patient care conferences when appropriate.
- An SLP will treat those individuals who have difficulty with speech rhythm, fluency problems, those with voice disorders, those with problems understanding and producing language, and those who wish to improve their communication.
- The SLP will implement treatment strategies for adaptation and to improve or minimize cognitive impairment.
- The SLP will also train nursing staff with recommendations for swallowing or diet when appropriate or requested, pursuant to a physician order.
- Masterís Degree from a Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) accredited school in Speech Pathology required.
- One or more years Speech Pathology experience required, preferably working with a geriatric population.
- Must possess a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and maintain certification.
- CPR/First Aid certified through American Red Cross required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.