Occupational Therapist, Registered
|Location:||St. Louis Park, MN|
|Salary Range:||Per Diem|
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||If you are looking for flexibility and a way to make extra money, this could be a great opportunity for you. Sholom Community Alliance, one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities, is seeking per diem Occupational Therapists to join our expanding Home Care division.|
The Registered (OTR) Occupational Therapist evaluates clients, develops plans of care, performs occupational therapy treatments, and supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs).
Why work for Sholom?
- We serve a wide variety of therapy clients’ needs including outpatient, inpatient, and short-term rehab
- We are a strong and talented,rehab team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and music therapists.
- Availability for reimbursement for CEUs and state licensure dues
- To top it all – great people to work with
- New grads are welcome to apply
- Provide evaluation and treatment of various diagnoses/disorders in accordance with physician orders.
- Conduct client evaluations to determine sensory motor, neuromuscular, cognitive and activities of daily living (ADLs) performance.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and delegate work assignments for Occupational Therapist Assistants and Occupational Therapy students.
- Utilize a variety of exercises for occupational therapy including physical exercises, cognitive assessments, re-training and adapting environments using assistive techniques.
- Counsel individuals and their families concerning loss of function, coping with effects of disease/disorders and how to cope with the stress and misunderstanding that often accompany them.
At Sholom, we are committed to provide the highest quality care and services to our clients. We value the contributions of our employees and provide the forum for them to use their skills to deliver exceptional care.
Our caring and stimulating work environment is dedicated to providing a satisfying work experience for our employees. Come join our team!
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school in Occupational Therapy required.
- Current MN licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Must be registered with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- CPR/First Aid certified through American Red Cross preferred.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience working with a geriatric population preferred.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated leadership, good judgment and dependability
- Possess good listening, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Work effectively as a team member and independently
- Maintain a positive demeanor and ability to build relationships with residents, patients, families and co-workers
- Able to perform heavy work, lifting/pushing up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting/pushing/carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.