THERAPEUTIC RECREATION COORDINATOR
|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Shaller Family Campus (Sholom Home East)|
|Description:||Sholom is one of the leading senior housing and healthcare service organizations in the Twin Cities. We are seeking a knowledgeable and compassionate Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator to join our team at our Shaller Family Campus located in St. Paul. Every element of our state-of-the-art campus, including our cozy neighborhoods, has been designed to advance the art of geriatric care.
|Duties:||The Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator plans, facilitates and evaluates Therapeutic Recreation programs provided to meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs for each resident.|
Job functions include:
- Review therapeutic recreation opportunities available within the facility and the campus to residents, tenants and families.
- Create daily activity schedule and advertise effectively (e.g. table tents in the dining room, flyers, bulletin boards and utilizing other team members).
- Track participation in therapeutic recreation programs and communicate resident/tenant needs or interests to inter-disciplinary staff.
- Create easy to follow step-by-step instructions of all activities for others to follow when assisting with programming.
- Work with the therapeutic recreation team in scheduling campus wide programs and events.
Submit applications online at www.sholom.com\employment
- Bachelorís degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field from accredited university strongly preferred, but not required.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS), Activity Director Certified (ADC), Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapist Assistant preferred.
- One or more years experience working with individuals with dementia preferred.
- One or more years hands on recreation experience preferred.
- One or more years experience planning and facilitating therapeutic recreation programs, preferably in a long term care setting.
- CPR/First Aid certified through the American Red Cross preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.