Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
|Location:||St. Louis Park, MN|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefit package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Sholom Home West|
|Description:||Sholom Community Alliance, one of the premier healthcare and senior services organizations in the Twin Cities, has a FT opening for a knowledgeable, compassionate Therapeutic Recreation Specialist at its St. Louis Park campus.
The Therapeutic Recreation Specialist plans, facilitates and evaluates Therapeutic Recreation programs provided to meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs for each resident.
- Review therapeutic recreation opportunities available within the facility and the campus to residents, tenants and families.
- Facilitate daily therapeutic recreation programs on assigned unit; facilitate and/or assist with community outings.
- Transport residents to and from daily programs of interest.
- Track participation in therapeutic recreation programs and communicate resident/tenant needs or interests to inter-disciplinary staff.
- Create and maintain a variety of documents, records and reports including regulatory paperwork (MDS 3.0, resident progress notes, careplans, etc.), instructions for replacement staff, catering requests, etc.
- Work with the therapeutic recreation team in scheduling campus wide programs and events, theme days, etc.
- Bachelorís degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field from accredited university strongly preferred.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS), Activity Director Certified (ADC), Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapist Assistant preferred.
- One or more years experience working with individuals with dementia preferred.
- One or more years hands on recreation experience preferred.
- One or more years experience planning and facilitating therapeutic recreation programs, preferably in a long term care setting.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.